Tuesday 10 January 2012

Clarisonic Diary - Day 2

Welcome to day 2, my friends. This is an exciting day. The first day of use!!

I have been a little bit conscious of the 'purging phase' (when your skin is getting rid of toxins so you break out that can last 2-3 weeks!) that some reviews show so I did a little Googling and found that a lot of people didn't actually go through that phase. This made me feel a little less weary and I know if I do go through it, it's only clearing out my skin and then it will be amazing after. 

Even though the Clarisonic Mia comes with a mini cleanser designed for it, I decided to keep using the same skincare routine I've been using for a while as I know this doesn't damage my skin. I'm hoping that using the same products as I have been will lessen the chance of breaking out. 

So these are the products I'm currently using at night in this order:
* Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
* Superdrug Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash
* Olay Beauty Fluid in Normal/Dry/Combination
* The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Night Cream

So after reminding myself of the instructions, I applied my Liz Earle cleanser to my dry fully made up face as I would do normally and spread the cleanser using my fingers all over my face including my eyes. The leaflet says to remove eye makeup before using the Clarisonic but I didn't. I hopped in the shower, wet the brush and placed the bristles on my forehead. 

I pressed the on/off button and moved the device in small circular motions as said in the leaflet. I didn't want to be too hasty with moving onto different sections of my face so I stayed on my forehead for quite a while and then moved onto my cheeks. 

20 secs forehead, 10 secs each cheek and then 20 secs for the nose and chin.

I got to my second cheek and then a few seconds later, it stopped! To my surprise I had spent a whole minute already. So I quickly turned the device back on and ran it over my nose and chin. 

After I finished using it, the bristles were full of foundation. But it seemed to show that it got off a lot of the makeup on my face. I rinsed it under my shower until it was white again and placed the cap back on. 

Using a muslin cloth, I removed any remaining cleanser and also my eye makeup. Then I used two pumps of the tea tree foaming face wash before I got out of the shower.

I patted my face dry on my towel and felt my skin with my hands. It was so soft and smooth, like I had just exfoliated!

Then, I applied both my moisturisers. After a few minutes I noticed my skin feeling slightly tight but it lessened again and now my skin is just smooth. 

I do currently have quite a few blemishes but I think this is down to hormones...


Love love and clarisoniclove!!
Toffee xXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment