Sunday 26 May 2013

hearts & shimmer NOTD


It was my 21st (again) birthday yesterday and so I wanted something cute for my nails! 
Birthday nails are always the hardest for me to do because I never know what designs to create...


I chose three shades from Models Own for a base colour - Hot Pink, Peaches & Cream and Lemon Meringue. Two coats for the perfect opaqueness. 


I then overlayed Indian Ocean on my nails - one layer gave a nice shimmery sheen. 


I wasn't too sure if the blue would show through and change the colours, but I as long as the layer isn't too thick then it mainly shows the pink shimmers. 
(You can kind of see the blue on the yellow but you can hardly tell IRL)


Using a dotting tool, I drew heart patterns all over my nails. I used the same shades as I did for the bases. Hearts are so cute and really easy to draw with a dotting tool. Make two dots close together to create the rounded edges and then join them up in a triangle underneath.


I used GOSH Magic Star on the hearts to give it a little extra sparkle and then sealed in the design with two coats of 17 Double Gloss Top Coat, which also makes it extra shiny!

Hope you had a great weekend :)

Happy birthday to me... ^_^

Love love and birthdaynaillove!!
Toffee xXxXx

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Hearts are so simple and cute ^^

      Delete
  2. I have an Oasap giveaway on my blog! Check it out :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete