Saturday 24 March 2012

Fish scales NOTD

Currently chowing down on blueberries... 

I attempted these fish scale nails as I saw them done well and wanted to try myself. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out as great as I'd hope. 

Nevertheless, here are some pictures!


I applied a couple of coats of No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Poolside Blue 310, then put a single layer of OPI Catch Me in Your Net.


Then after applying Revlon Nail Enamel in 050 White On White with a toothpick to create the scales effect, I added on another two layers of OPI Catch Me in Your Net. It does look a little like snake skin... 

I think this technique (toothpick and nail polish) would be great to do giraffe spots too :)

What do you think??

Love love and fishscalelove!!
Toffee xXxXx

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love your idea of using the white to get the texture, and them painting over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow, this is amazing! I have to try this! <3

    ReplyDelete