Friday 5 February 2010

FOTD, NOTD and Sigma Brushes!

I've actually been getting into this whole FOTD thing atm (don't expect it often though...) and I wore this very simple look today :)

My hair needs washing so a ran some Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical through it with a brush and then put it into two plaits.


on my face I have:
*Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll-on Anti-dark circles in Medium to medium dark skin tone
* Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Normal/Dry Skin 220 Natural Beige
* Naked Cosmetics Mineral Powder Foundation in #MPF-04


For my eyes:
*Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in 13 Va Va Voom
*Max Factor Masterpiece High Definition Mascara in Black/Brown
*ELF Eyebrow Kit in dark


And my lips:
*Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in 338 Midnight Plum
(I lightly dabbed the colour onto my lips)

For cheeks:
*ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
(I just used the blush)


See how art-sy these looking down photos look?? Haha!!
NOTD:
I bought this £1 Nail Polish from the George. range in Asda


It's No. 34 Be mine which is gorgeous pale lilac colour :)


There are a few cons with this though... the first being it's a small bottle only containing 5ml of polish. The second is that the formula is horrible! It's very thick but the brush is so plastic-y that when you apply it to your nails, the first coat is very streaky. Even looking at my nails now, I can see streak marks! Not ideal at all. And after it dries, the finish isn't as shiny as I would've liked. Even after two coats of my favourite Top Coat (17 Double Gloss Top Coat) it didn't appear glossy at all!

But I decided to jazz it up a little as I have been rather bored with just a solid block nail colour. I will likely do a video tutorial on this soon :D



Anyway, the main reason for this blog post is because I ordered some brushes from Sigma. Here's what I got:


Travel Kit in Nice In Pink:
*SS150M
*SS187M
*SS168M
*SS194M
*SS224M
*SS239M

and the brush that I was most excited about in this kit:
*SS219M

I also bought two brushes separately. I got the SS188 to replace the MAC 188 that broke on me and the SS150 because its a huge brush which is great for powder or bronzer.


They also sent two free things.
*SS190M

*Indian Girl Eyeshadow

Oh, just so you know here is the SS150 next to the SS150M

Apart from the handle colours and length, the bristle length and paddle size are a bit smaller.

Tried any Sigma brushes?? They're pretty soft! What do you think??

Love love and brushlove!!
Toffee xXxXx

7 comments:

  1. where can you get sigma brushes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo i just ordered the flat top kubuki brush from them last night, can't wait to get it! :)
    If i like them i might get a kit, let us know how they are :D
    Did they charge you custom fees? It's something i'm always worried about when i order overseas...
    Pretty NOTD and gorgeous FOTD ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in buying a set but, custom fees & taxes have put me off them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous 1 - I bought mine online via their website :)

    @Anonymous 2 - I didn't pay any custom fees or taxes!

    @vanity-fashionista - let me know how the flat top kabuki works out! you should've got one from crown at IMATS! Used them today and they are fun to use :) No custom fees for me! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea i have the eye kits n actually am quite impressed, did a whole review on it in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Toffee
    how cute is your blog :) love the hello
    kitty banner. I wish I could pimp my iPhone out but I'm too scared to try in case I break it!!
    Lovely FOTD-adore the pretty glitter :)
    Milly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey doll! love your blog, awesome post love all the nail designs! yay! im a new follower and a new blogger come visit/follow me and we can tweet as well!

    www.suzannamansour.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/Suzanna_Mansour

    xoxox suzanna

    ReplyDelete