Tuesday 27 September 2011

It was on a starry night NOTD


As a little present to myself (and because I had a £5 Boots voucher for No.7 - always pick up a new nail polish!) for passing my driving theory test, I got this little beaut.


It's name is 'Poolside Blue' which suits it right down, don'tcha think?


This is a picture under flash, and it does look a little like Denim by Nails Inc (and therefore OPI Ski Teal We Drop) but I think it's a very unique colour which is why I chose it over the others on the rack. 


(an old picture from an old blogpost!)


And in the shade, it looks very sea-blue. I used two coats to achieve this opacity but the polish has quite a thick formula. 


Although this colour is adorable, I thought it a little plain for me.


So I decided to jazz it up with a few gold stars! I was debating using white or yellow, but I spotted the gold in my collection and thought I was onto a winner!


* one coat OPI Matte Nail Envy
* one coat OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
* two coats No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Poolside Blue 310
* one stamp of stars myface.cosmetics Lil' Bling nail polish in Gilt-y
* one coat 17 Double Gloss Top Coat


This is the plate stamp I used for my fingernails.


And this for the thumbs :)

These plates are from MoYou which use a similar technique to Konad. 

What do you think of this colour and the stars??

Love love and starrylove!!
Toffee xXxXx

2 comments:

  1. Love this! If you have time please check out my blog, I also do NOTD blog post.

    My blog - http://acolorfulcreation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks gorgeous never tried that - nice idea for friday nights :)
    check out my blog
    http://justrottencandies.blogspot.com/
    kisses

    ReplyDelete