Monday 13 February 2012

Graffiti Hearts NOTD (Valentine's Design)

♥ This design is probably my favourite that I've done this year :)


It's cute, fun and can be worn any time of the year, not just Valentine's day! So here's a step-by-step tutorial you can follow to recreate this design!

Step 1: Base colour

I used two coats of Revlon Nail Enamel in 050 White On White to give a nice even opaque white base coat as a blank canvas for the 'graffiti' to be applied to.

Step 2: Dark Pink Graffiti

I used a pulled-off corner of a make up sponge to dab on some OPI Dim Sum Plum to my white nails. I used the brush to apply some polish to the sponge and dabbed off the excess onto a piece of paper before application. I did random spots of where to apply so that the nails all looked different.
You do not have to use pinks for this design. In fact, I think using a blue and green would look quite effective! 

Step 3: Light Pink Graffiti

This step is similar to the previous step, except I used a different colour and a smaller sponge. In this case, I mixed a drop of OPI Shorts Story with a touch of Revlon 050 White On White to get a paler pink. I then dipped my sponge into the mixed polish and dabbed this onto my nails in areas I hadn't covered. 

Step 4: Draw on the hearts!

Using the striper brush end of my Inglot Nail Art Enamel pen in 36 (Black), I drew some large hearts in random sections of each nail. 


I then drew more hearts to fill in the larger gaps and then I used the nib end of the polish to add little solid black hearts to fill in the smaller spaces.

Step 5: Glitter hearts!!!

At first, I wasn't sure if this step would work but you can't go too wrong when adding glitter! I used a pink glitter striper polish to draw large heart outlines in random areas on top of my design. 

Step 6: Finish with a top coat

This is just to seal in the design and protect it from chipping :) For reference, I initially used Sech Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and then a coat of 17 Double Gloss Top Coat. 

Here is a picture taken with flash:

And that's it! Nothing more to it ;)

♥ ♥ ♥


♥ Hope you have a great Valentine's day, whatever you're doing ♥

Love love and graffitiheartslove!!
Toffee xXxXx

1 comment: