Tuesday 28 February 2012

Horizontal Sponged Stripe NOTD



Step 1: Paint the base colour.

Here, I used two coats of OPI Nail Lacquer in Rumple's Wiggin'. 

Step 2: Sponge the horizontal lines.

I applied three stripes of polish onto a sponge - OPI Nail Lacquer in Rumple's Wiggin' and Barry M Nail Paint in 306 Blueberry Ice Cream. I then dabbed the sponge across three of my nails which resulted in a fading horizontal stripe. 


Step 3: Sponge the other horizontal stripes.

Using the same technique, I sponged the other nails with OPI Nail Lacquer in Rumple's Wiggin' and Topshop Nails in Art School. 


Step 4: Adding sparkle!

I felt like a change from using glitter so I chose to use small green star sequins in the centres of my nails to add some sparkle to my manicure, using a touch of 17 Double Gloss Top Coat. 

Step 5: Apply a top coat.

Two coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat have sealed in my design and sequins. I cleaned up the edges using a cotton bud (aka Q-tip) and that's it! 


Hope you like this design :)

Also, I'm always looking for new designs to create so if you have any ideas, leave me a comment and I'll try and put my spin on it. 

Love love and naillove!!
Toffee xXxXx

3 comments:

  1. super cute :)

    xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cute. you're so creative. ^_~

    http://jentdreamworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic !!

    Bss
    http://palomaamo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete