Saturday 19 February 2011

Cute Penguin Nail Art NOTD

Hi Starlings!!

I've got a cutie little treat for you today!

These adorable penguins are fun and so here is my step-by-step guide on how to create this happy feet (or hands!).

Step 1: Paint your nails
I chose all different colours, but you can you choose just one colour for all nails. If you want to make them look more realistic, you can start with a black polish.

Step 2: Draw the white outline to the penguin breast.
I used my white Inglot nail art pen to do this, but if you have a steady hand, you can just paint it on with a normal white nail polish, or nail art brush.

Step 3: Fill in the penguin breast with a plain white nail polish.
Do this to all your nails. For some funky penguins, you can use different colours for this part.

Like so!

Step 4: Add the penguins' eyes.
I used my black Inglot nail art pen to do this step but if you don't have nail art pens, you can use a cocktail stick (or any object with a point) to dot the eyes in place.

Step 5: Add on the little noses.
I just used the tip of a normal brush to do these. Not very perfect, but just a touch with the brush makes a wonderful nose!

Step 6: Draw on the feet.
Again, I used my black Inglot nail art pen but it doesn't have to be black. Yellow or orange would work very well too.

You can end here, which is what the picture at the beginning of this post shows, but I thought I'd include one extra step for an added twinkle :P












Step 7: Add a touch of gold glitter polish to the noses!

And that's it!

Love love and penguinlove!!
Toffee xXxXx

17 comments:

  1. Oh that is absolutely ADORABLE! I love this so much, and I love Penguins!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAWWW! Oh my god Ling, this is so so so super cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww,that is really adorable, the penguins are so cute!

    Dionne.
    http://beautyfrmtheinsideout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best nails of the day I've seen in ages!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! So glad you like them ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need more black on them..they look more like ghosts than penguins

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!!!!! thats the cutest thing i seen in ages, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are GORGEOUS! I love penguins and these are amazing. Would love to try doing these sometime, but might have to wait till next winter now!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are incredibly cute and I love the step by step details, really easy to follow. I'll definitely be trying these once I've grown my nails out a bit. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, they are so cute! Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww that is sooo cute hun! Love it! :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Ling!I love this manicure!!! Penguins look so tender! which colour did you use for your thumb?
    big kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so so so adorable! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi :) very cute
    I like your nail design.
    I follow you. Add me :)

    ReplyDelete