Tuesday 22 February 2011

No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara Review

For beautiful curl and volume.

Hey there!

So this gem popped up and

The brush:
This little lilac gem (yes it is lilac underneath) has very thin stiff bristles which are great for coating and separating the lashes. I've never tried an actual curved mascara until now, and I've always been slightly sceptical of how they work as everyone's eye shapes are different and therefore how can one brush fit all? I guess that's why there are so many different mascaras out there! However, this one seems to work for me rather well. I like the curve in the brush and I can twist the brush around to get different angles to make sure I coat every hair!

The formula:
Essentially a black liquid. It is on the thicker side, but its not dry. I've had no crumble, but maybe a slight smudge after running in the rain. This I don't mind however as it is not a waterproof mascara and doesn't melt off during a dry day. I'm not quite sure how good it is at holding a curl though. Lucky for me, my lashes have a natural curl and I find I don't need to use a eyelash curler. Even with the thickest gloopiest, most viscous formula, my lashes seem to hold that curl (except on the inner corners were my lashes go in XD) .

The removal:
This formula is easily removed, but I've only been using Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish lately which just removes all make up, even the blackest waterproof mascara. However, knowing that a little rain water can pull off this liquid, I doubt you will have any trouble taking this off, so no excuse for panda eyes!

So now here's some before and after pictures :)
(I'm wearing a touch of brown eyeshadow!)


Before (naked lashes) without flash


After, coated with two layers of the mascara without flash

Before (naked lashes) with flash

After, with two coats of mascara with flash

Overall, I have been using this mascara every day now and I love it! I think it works really well with everyday make up and is easy to use :)

Don't forget to check out the No7 Facebook page!

Have you tried this mascara? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Love love and exquisitelove!!
Toffee xXxXx

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this mascara before, but I've heard a lot of good things about it!

    It looks really nice on your lashes! I like the fact that it's waterproof and easy to remove too :)

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mascara looks amazing. Too bad it's not available here in Jakarta, urgh.. You guys are lucky in the UK!!

    http://diaryofaproductjunkie.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete