Monday 14 November 2011

Blue diagonal glitter tips NOTD


Following on with the glitter tips theme, I create this design which brings about a little twist to the normal style of a french manicure. 

Step 1: Paint the base colo. 

This colour is OPI A Grape Fit! and as it's only a base colour, I applied one thin coat to each nail.

Step 2: Build up colour using a sheer shade.

This is OPI Significant Other Color which adds a touch of iridescent sparkle to the nails.

Step 3: Paint on the diagonal tips.

I chose a pearlescent blue as a base for the tips. Just using the brush in the nail polish, I swiped on the blue shade. 

Step 4: Add glitter!!!

Using a striper, I drew lines with blue glitter to separate the two colours and add definition. 


I think this look is rather snazzy and you could stop here if you like :) Just add a top coat and you're good to go! 

Step 5: Add on some more glittery lines.

Carrying on with the blue glitter striper, leave a gap and then draw on more diagonal lines across the blue tip. 


This makes the glitter tip more unusual and not overly sparkly. Also you can see the lovely blue colour underneath!

 Step 6: Apply a top coat.

To prevent chipping and to seal in the design, I applied one layer of 17 Double Gloss Top Coat.  

And we're done!!


What do you think of this diagonal twist??

Love love and diagonallove!!
Toffee xXxXx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh your nails look fab! I'm gonna try that style with black and silver tonight! Wish me luck :)
    Tilly M x

    ReplyDelete