Saturday 12 November 2011

Gold Glitter French Manicure NOTD



So I've been playing around with the idea of glittering up a French manicure and I've got fun ideas for the holiday season!



This is my first creation :)



Very festive with the gold glitter, but also elegant and different.



I posted a low quality picture via instagram and Laura (The Beauty Spark) asked how to create these, so here is my little tutorial.

Step 1: Paint on a base colour.


I used Deborah Lippman Prelude To A Kiss which is a very sheer light pink. I applied two coats.

Step 2: Paint the tips.


This is just a base to the glitter. It helps define the tip as well, so you know where to place the glitter. I used Gilt-y Lil' Bling nail polish from myface.cosmetics, a gold polish for under the gold glitter. A contrasting colour would work too. 

Step 3: Paint on the glitter!


Cover the tip in glitter. I used about three million coats.

Step 4: Add the definition line.


For this, I used a black nail art polish from Inglot. I used the striper brush to draw the line with just one sweep across the nail, just below where I put the glitter. 

Step 5: Add the white flicks.

I thought the design on it's own was nice, but slightly lacking that little something so I used my white Inglot nail art pen to add three flicks on each nail starting in the bottom outside corner. 

Step 6: Cover with a top coat.


This will help seal in the glitter and give the nail a smooth and shiny finish.

And there you have it! Glittery tips for gold glory :D



Let me know if you try this out and what you think!

Love love and goldlove!!
Toffee xXxXx

3 comments:

  1. I actually love these, I'm off to hunt down some gold glitter right about now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gold glitter looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! Unfortunately my nails are nowhere near long enough to do this

    ReplyDelete