Monday 7 November 2011

Dark Purple Stripes & Glitter (NOTD)

Sorry about the lack of step photos on this tutorial. I was playing around and got a bit carried away...

It's quite an easy one to do, and you don't really need any professional tools but a steady hand will deffo help!

Step 1: Paint on the base colour.

I chose a dark purple with the help of Twitter (follow me if ya like ^_~). This is OPI Siberian Nights.

Step 2: Paint on the stripes!

For the stripes on my nails, I picked two light colours that complement each other but I'm sure contrasting colours would work well too. (These polishes have now been discontinued, but for reference I used Eyeko Tea Rose Polish and Eyeko Lilac Polish.) 


I actually used a long nail art brush to draw the stripes but if your hand is steady enough I'm sure you can just use the brush the polish comes with. I also had to do a few coats because the creamy formula didn't show up too well against the dark purple. 

Step 3: Add glitter!!

I think (almost) every nail design needs at least a hint of glitter. I used a silver glitter striper polish and just stroked across the edges of the stripes. If you don't have a striper polish, using a toothpick would work just as well. 

Step 4: Cover with a top coat.
To seal the deal, I used 17 Double Gloss Top Coat. 

What do you think of stripey nails? 

Love love and stripeylove!!
Toffee xXxXx

1 comment:

  1. This looks so cute! Unfortunately my nails are way too short for nail art

    ReplyDelete